Uniben Direct Entry And Lower Credit Acceptance

Dreaming of studying law at the prestigious University of Benin (UNIBEN) through Direct Entry? Here’s a simple guide to help you understand the process and what you need to qualify.

Getting into UNIBEN through Direct Entry depends on your qualification type and the program you’re interested in. Generally, UNIBEN prefers students with Upper Credit or Merit Level passes in relevant diplomas or certificates. But there are exceptions:


Some programs, such as certain Engineering fields, might consider applicants with a Lower Credit in Ordinary National Diploma (OND) combined with an Upper Credit in Higher National Diploma (HND) from accredited institutions.

Diploma Types:

While most University Diplomas require Merit or Upper Credit, specific diplomas from recognized institutions like the Petroleum Training Institute (PTI) Warri, might be accepted with a Lower Credit for relevant programs.

NCE and TC II:

Holders of NCE or TC II with at least Merit passes in relevant subjects might also be eligible for certain programs, depending on specific requirements.


Q: Can I gain admission into UNIBEN with a Lower Credit HND for Direct Entry? A: Not for most programs. UNIBEN typically requires an Upper Credit in HND for Direct Entry. However, some Engineering fields might accept a Lower Credit in HND along with an Upper Credit in OND.

Q: Can I use my NCE with Lower Credit for UNIBEN Direct Entry? A: No, UNIBEN usually requires Merit or higher passes in NCE for Direct Entry.

READ This:  Adeseun Ogundoyin Polytechnic Courses and Requirements

Q: Does UNIBEN accept Lower Credit from any diploma for Direct Entry? A: Only in specific cases. Diplomas from certain recognized institutions, like PTI Warri, might be accepted with a Lower Credit for particular programs.

Q: Where can I find the exact requirements for my desired program at UNIBEN? A: The official UNIBEN website and admissions office are your best resources. You can find program-specific requirements on the website or contact the admissions office for precise information.

Leave a Reply

Back to top button