Are you aspiring to pursue postgraduate studies at the University of Port Harcourt in the 2024/2025 academic session? Look no further for comprehensive information on the UNIPORT postgraduate admission process. This guide will walk you through the application procedure, entry requirements, cost of the form, and other essential details to ensure a smooth application experience.
UNIPORT Postgraduate Admission Requirements
Before diving into the application process, it’s crucial to meet the admission requirements. Here’s a quick overview:
- For all courses, a credit pass in English Language and Mathematics is mandatory.
- Postgraduate Diploma Programmes require a Bachelor’s Degree with at least Second Class Honours or Third Class in the related discipline. HND holders must have a minimum of Upper Credit.
- Master’s degree applicants need at least a Second Class Honours Degree with a minimum CGPA of 3.00 on a 5-point scale or its equivalent.
- MBA Programme candidates should have a strong quantitative background, and those with a PGD must have a CGPA of 3.50.
- Ph.D. candidates need a Master’s Degree with a minimum CGPA of 3.50 or 4.00, depending on the department. Admission is based on interview performance.
UNIPORT Postgraduate Form 2024/2025
The University of Port Harcourt School of Postgraduate Studies is now accepting applications for the 2024/2025 academic session. Interested candidates can apply for Postgraduate Diploma, Masters degree, and Ph.D. programmes on a full-time or part-time basis.
Application Fee: The cost of the UNIPORT postgraduate form is N15,000 (Fifteen Thousand Naira Only), and it is non-refundable.
Prospectus Fee: In addition to the application fee, candidates are required to pay Seven Thousand Naira (N7,000.00) for the Prospectus.
How to Apply for UNIPORT Postgraduate Admission 2024/2025
Follow these steps to successfully apply for the UNIPORT postgraduate admission form:
- Pay the application fee of N15,000.00 online at any of the following Banks: U&C Microfinance Bank, UBA, Fidelity Bank, Access Bank, Eco Bank, First Bank, and Sterling Bank.
- Pay an additional Seven Thousand Naira (N7,000.00) for the Prospectus.
- Visit UNIPORT Postgraduate Portal to download the Application Forms after payment.
- Keep in mind that payment for the application form does not guarantee admission, and the fee is non-refundable.
- Candidates will be required to take the University of Port Harcourt PG screening test. Some PG programmes may not have entrance exams, and admission will be based on the specified requirements.
The official commencement and closing date for the University of Port Harcourt postgraduate admission form for the 2024/2025 academic session are yet to be announced. Stay tuned as we will update this page with the latest information once the dates are released.