Education

UNN Cut-Off Marks for all Courses 2024

Aspiring to join the prestigious University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) for the 2023/2024 academic session? Understanding the cut-off marks is crucial for your admission journey. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll delve into the UNN JAMB cut-off mark, departmental cut-off marks for various courses, and insights on the aggregate score calculation.

UNN JAMB Cut-Off Mark 2023/2024: Setting the Foundation

For the 2023/2024 academic session, the JAMB cut-off mark for UNN stands at 160. This signifies that candidates who scored 160 and above in their JAMB UTME are eligible to apply for admission into UNN. However, it’s essential to note that meeting this cut-off mark does not guarantee admission, as other factors come into play.

Departmental Cut-Off Marks: The Varied Landscape

UNN’s departmental cut-off marks for the 2023/2024 academic session are not fixed but depend on factors like JAMB and Post UTME performance. These are typically released after the Post UTME screening exercise, along with the admission list. Below is an estimated departmental cut-off mark table for some courses:

DEPARTMENT UNN MERIT CUT-OFF MARK
Pharmacy 293
Medicine and Surgery 314
Medical Laboratory Science 256
Mechanical Engineering 260
Electronic Engineering 217
… (and so on)

Insights into Specific Courses:

  • Medicine and Surgery: The cut-off mark for this highly competitive program is set at 314, reflecting the intense demand for admission each year.
  • Nursing: Aspiring nurses need a minimum UTME score of 290 to secure admission into UNN’s undergraduate nursing degree programs.
  • Law: The cut-off mark for the renowned LLB program at UNN is 297, indicating the program’s high demand.
  • Pharmacy: Pharmacy hopefuls should aim for a UTME score of 293, the baseline for eligibility in this competitive field.
  • Mass Communication: Aspiring journalists and media professionals need a minimum UTME score of 265 for course eligibility.
  • Computer Science: The specific cut-off mark for computer science programs is not available; interested candidates should contact the university directly for this information.
READ This:  Cheapest State-Owned University In Nigeria

UNN Aggregate Score Calculation: Unlocking the Formula

The UNN aggregate score, crucial for admission, is the total score obtained by combining JAMB and Post UTME scores. The calculation uses a ratio of 60:40 for JAMB and Post UTME scores, respectively.

Formula for Calculating UNN Aggregate Score:

Aggregate Score=(JAMB Score×0.6)+(Post UTME Score×0.4)

This formula ensures a fair ranking of candidates, with JAMB scores carrying 60% of the total, and Post UTME scores contributing the remaining 40%.

Conclusion: 

Understanding UNN’s cut-off marks and the aggregate score calculation is pivotal for any aspiring candidate. Remember, while achieving the minimum cut-off is essential, excelling in both JAMB and Post UTME can significantly boost your chances of securing admission into your desired course at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. Stay focused, prepare diligently, and best of luck on your academic journey!

Leave a Reply

Back to top button